Some Complex Cases and Situations can Qualify You for a Special Enrollment Period
There are several other situations in which it is possible to qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Below are cases and examples that may also qualify you for a special enrollment period.
- Exceptional Circumstance. You faced a serious medical condition or natural disaster that kept you from enrolling. For example:
- An unexpected hospitalization or temporary cognitive disability
- A natural disaster, such as an earthquake, massive flooding, or hurricane
- A planned Marketplace system outage, such as Social Security Administration system outage
- Misinformation or misrepresentation. Misconduct by an enrollment assister (like an insurance company, navigator, certified application counselor, or agent or broker) resulted in you:
- Not getting enrolled in a plan
- Being enrolled in the wrong plan
- Not getting the premium tax credit or cost-sharing reduction you were eligible for
- Enrollment error. Your application may have been rejected by the insurance company’s system because of errors in reading the data, or some of the data was missing or inaccurate.
- System errors related to immigration status. An error in the processing of applications or system caused you to get an incorrect immigration eligibility result when you tried to apply for coverage.
- Victims of domestic abuse. You’re a victim of domestic abuse and weren’t previously allowed to enroll and receive advance payments of the premium tax credit separately from your spouse. You’ll be able to do so now.
- Gaining status as member of an Indian tribe. Members of federally recognized Indian tribes can sign up for or change plans once per month throughout the year.
Remember that in most instances, you will likely have to prove that you had a qualifying life event, even a complicated one, in order to enter your Special Enrollment Period.
If you think you’re ready to enroll and have your supporting documentation, click here to get a quote, or call us at 1-877-279-7959.
Still confused? Still wondering if you qualify?
Don’t Worry; we will help you find out! Feel free to call a licensed advisor at 1-877-279-7959 and we can help you determine if you qualify, answer your questions, and maybe help you enroll!